Thinking about visiting us this Easter? Here are some top things to do . We have over 38000 hectares of land to explore in the new Forest from Heathland, Coastline, and woodland there is plenty to explore. With the clocks going forward and the days getting warmer there is no better time to visit us.
1. new forest activities have a Eater egg hunt on canoes. Take in the stunning scenery while finding some delicious chocolate eggs. Only 25 minutes from the Cottage New forest activities is based in beautiful Beaulieu. Why not visit Steff's kitchen cafe at Fairweathers garden centre after for a delicious lunch?
2. Longdown dairy Farm have a Golden Easter egg hunt. Longdown is our local petting farm with all the Easter animals you could wish to see. They do handling sessions where you can hold spring chicks, bunnies and even feed the baby goats! This is a family favourite and we love to visit regularly. as well as the cute and cuddly animals it has a playground ride on tractors and tractor rides ( seasonal & weather dependent) . There is a cafe and a great farm sop with lots of local Produce.
3. Exbury gardens is looking fantastic at the moment with the world famous Rhododendrons and azaleas in flower looking striking. as well as the stunning spring colour there are hundreds of thousands of daffodils creating a spectacular sea of gold. as well as the natural beauty of the gardens here is also a brilliant miniature railway winding through the gardens giving you some of the best views.
4. with spring weather what's better than a delicious picnic in the New Forest. There are over 100 car parks to park at for your picnic or visit one of the designated picnic sites in the New Forest. We have a picnic bag in the cottage you can borrow with all the essentials. Wiverley enclosure has to be my favourite. There are picnic benches and toilet facilities, there is a circular walk around the enclosure with benches so you can stop and take in the woodland. the walk is a gravel path so great if you are taking a pushchair but we do only recommend pushchairs with off road tires as it can be a bit bumpy . You can pack your own picnic but we highly recommend a delicious picnic or hamper from the Forest Foodie, whether its the Keyhaven picnic with meats and cheese or the Lymington packed with traditional afternoon tea delights there will be something foe everyone.
5. you will need your sea legs for this one. Puffin cruises run from Lymington quay daily from 1st April - 30th September ( weather depending). There are two cruises to choose from the scenic cruise or the pirate adventure cruise. The scenic cruise takes n the beautifull Lymington river past the yachts and you may even spot some wildlife while your aboard. On the Black puffin you will go on search for treasure guided by a real life pirate, gold doubloons and pieces of eight be yours for the takin' as we sail to the end of the world in search of Skull Island.