Terms & Conditions
1.1 Customers renting Bluebell copse cottages are referred to as ‘the Guest’.
1.2 The Owners of Bluebell copse cottages are referred to as “The Owner”
2. Duration and Times of Rental
2.1 Rentals are for a maximum of four weeks and commence at 4pm on the first day of the rental and end at 10am on the day of departure. This period is hereafter referred to as ‘the Holiday’.
2.2 The period booked will be stated on the Booking Confirmation provided to the Guest when they book and cannot be exceeded without prior approval. The Guest will be liable for any cost of whatever nature incurred because of an unauthorised extension.
3. Booking Form
The Booking Form, together with these Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the Owner and the Guest. A booking will only be accepted upon submission of a properly completed Booking Form accompanied by the required Deposit or full Rental Charge if the booking is made within four (4) weeks of the Arrival Date. An additional charge for security/cleaning may be charged in certain cases. See below (Acceptance of Booking, Deposit, Final Payment and Security/Cleaning Deposit)
4. Acceptance of Booking
The Owner reserves the right to refuse any bookings without reason.
5. Authority to Sign
1. The person who completes the Booking Form certifies that:
2. The signatory is over eighteen years of age;
3. They agree to take responsibility for the party occupying the property, and to notify the Owner if they are not a member of that party;
4. He or she is authorized to agree the Terms and Conditions of Booking and rental on behalf of all persons included on the Booking Form, including those substituted or added at a later date.
6.1 If a booking is made four weeks or more before the Holiday is due to start, a deposit of 25% of the rent is payable.
6.2 If a booking is made less than four weeks before the Holiday is due to start, the full rent, plus any additional charges, must be paid at the time of booking.
6.3 Payment may be made by by bank transfer or by credit card with arrangement with the Owner.
6.4 Deposits are normally non-refundable.
7. Final Payment
7.1 Unless otherwise agreed with The Owner, the price for the Holiday shall be the rent for the property quoted at the time of booking.
7.2 As soon as the booking is received and accepted by The Owner, the Guest is liable for payment of the balance of the rent, along with any additional charges.
7.3 Payment of the rent and additional charges are payable to the Owner six weeks before the start of the Holiday (‘the Due Date’) and non-payment by the Due Date may be treated as a cancellation.
7.4 If payment is not received by the Due Date, then the Guest will lose their booking and the deposit will be forfeited.
7.5 The Owner is not responsible for sending reminders of the Due Date. The Due Date will be set out on the Booking Confirmation.
8. Overseas Bookings
Overseas Guests may pay in Sterling by international electronic bank transfer.
3.1 Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by email.
3.2 If you cancel more than 8 weeks before your arrival date you will receive a refund of the deposit minus a £25 admin fee. If you cancel after 8 weeks before your stay we will keep the deposit. If you cancel 6 weeks or less before your arrival date you will forfeit the full rental cost. If the cottage can be rented out to another guest, for the original dates and price after cancellation a full refund will be given. if this is less than your stay the difference will be refunded.
3.4 In the event of travel restrictions or hosting restrictions imposed by the Government within the 60 day period prior to your arrival, you will receive a refund or change of dates if these dates are more expensive the difference will have to be paid.
10. Booking Changes
10.1 Guests wishing to change the arrival date for the Booking may do so if the property is available, subject to the payment of any additional rental charges, and with the agreement of the Owner.
10.2 Guests wishing to change details or their party may only do so with the agreement of the Owner prior to the commencement of the Holiday.
11. Non-availability of Property
If for any reason beyond the Owners’ control the property is not available on the date booked (owing, for example, to fire damage or severe weather conditions) or the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded.
12. Matters beyond the control of The Owner
The Owner cannot be held responsible for matters beyond his control such as, without limitation, noise, nuisance or disturbance resulting from building works, noisy neighbours or local events, disruption to supplies by utility providers, or closure of amenities listed in the property description.
13. The Holiday
The Guest has the right to occupy the property for a holiday only (within the meaning of Schedule 1, Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988).
14. The Guest's Obligations
The Guest agrees:
1. Upon departure to pay for any losses or damages to the property caused by the Guest or a member of their party (without limitation) the structure, grounds, fittings or contents of the property, including the garden, courtyard, paddock and surrounding facilities (reasonable wear and tear excluded). Such costs will include repairs, replacements and the cost of any additional cleaning necessary at the conclusion of the Rental period.
2. All minor damages (eg, broken crockery and glasses) will be paid for or rectified by replacement by the Guest at the conclusion of the Rental Period.
3. To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Holiday;
4. To permit the Owner or his representatives reasonable access to the property;
5. Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the Booking Form;
6. Not to sell, sublet or transfer the booking to another party without the Owner’s agreement;
7. Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description or listed on the completed booking form– a cot may only be occupied by a child aged 36 months or less;
8. Not to exceed the maximum number of two vehicles per property without prior permission of The Owner;
9. Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises and farms;
10. Not to trespass onto privately owned farmland;
11. Not to enter any field containing livestock or machinery.
12 To comply with any safety and security instructions and waste disposal instructions detailed in writing or verbally by the Owner or identified in the property information folder;
13. To vacate the property on time and not to arrive before the agreed availability time on the Arrival Date unless agreed with the Owner;
14. To comply with these Terms and Conditions during the rental period.
The Owner operates a no smoking policy in all properties. Smoking is not permitted in any interior of Bluebell copse cottages. Smoking is permitted in the courtyard and garden areas only. Any damage caused by smoking within any of the properties will be subject to an additional cleaning charge of £100.
16. Personal Property
The Owner is not responsible for the personal property of the Guest or any members of the Guest’s party during or after the rental period.
17. Problems or Complaints
Any problems or deficiencies in the property or its contents must be reported the Owner or his representatives immediately (or at least within 24 hours of) such problems or deficiencies being discovered. On receipt of such a report, The Owner or his representative will agree in good faith with the Guest what remedial action should be taken. On no account will complaints be accepted or correspondence entered into where complaints are made after the end of the Rental Period, since no opportunity to take action would be allowed.
18. Breach of Contract
18.1 If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, the Owner or his representative reserve the right to re-enter the property and end the Holiday and ask the Guest and their party to leave.
18.2 If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Owner, then the Guest has the right to end the Holiday and leave.
18.3 Ending the Holiday by either The Owner or his representative or the Guest does not affect that party’s other rights and remedies.
19. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute will be governed by the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English courts
20. Validity Clause
In the event that a court finds that a condition in these Booking Conditions is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the Booking Conditions, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect.
21. GDPR & Data Protection
Any information provided to the Owner by the Guest will only be used to communicate with the Guest with regard to the booking and any services provided by the Owner. Details of the Guest or his party will not be disclosed to any third party except when required by law.
Do not travel if you or anyone in your party are suffering from any coronavirus symptoms
- Continuous cough
- Loss or change in taste and smell
We do not accept guests isolating from another high risk country listed on the .Gov website. We are happy to accept bookings when you have completed your obligatory isolation period and will require proof of this anyone not abiding by these rules will have their reservation cancelled.
If the U.K goes in to another national lockdown your stay will be fully refunded or moved to a later date. If you or we go in to a local lockdown then we will offer a full refund or move to another date.
If you or someone in your party has contracted Covid-19 and you can not stay with us we will refund your stay in full if we can rebook those dates. If we can't rebook those dates we will refund minus the deposit.
We undertake a high standard clean in between guests and hand sanitizing stations are located in the holiday let.
We ask that all beds are stripped after your stay to help limit contact for our changeover staff.
we do not allow pets
we do not allow under 18's unaccompanied
we do not allow parties or loud music
we do not allow guests to enter fields with livestock
we do not allow smoking in the cottages
we do not allow check in after 9pm
we do not allow bikes in the cottage
we do not allow electric car charging unless by prior arrangement due to our insurance
we do not allow children to play on the farm unaccompanied.